- 2 lbs Powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Meringue powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- White gel food colouring
- Mix powdered sugar and meringue powder together on low in stand mixer.
- Add half of warm water.
- Add corn syrup.
- Add flavorings.
- Add remainder of water.
- Add 2 squeezes of white food colouring.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
- Mix on medium high for 30 seconds - 1 minute, until well combined.
- Store in air tight container.
You can change the consistency of this icing by adding more or less water. This is why I wait to add the entire amount of water until the end. Add less water for a stiff consistency (for creating flowers, piping work, etc.) or more for flooding cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3974Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 1002gFiber: 0gSugar: 984gProtein: 2g